Love One Another/Devoted to One Another ~ by Sam Laing
1. A DISTINCTIVE LOVE
- What is the greatest thing about God? About the church?
- Jesus says our love for one another as His disciples will stand out, be different than anything we see in the world.
- What makes the love we see in the church different than what we see in the world, even in close-knit families outside the Kingdom of God?
- How is it that Christians can love MORE and in a DIFFERENT WAY than people outside of Christ?
- People are divided by age, race, economics, politics, and social barriers of all kinds. How does God through Christ enable those barriers to be broken down?
2. PARTNERS IN THE GOSPEL
- How does serving God together make us grow?
- How does sharing our faith together help us grow?
- Can you think of some people and relationships you have built as you have worked side by side together in the Lord?
- Can you think of some unlikely relationships you have formed in the church- ones that would never have happened in the world? How did you form them?
- What friendship or relationship in the Kingdom has changed you the most? Why?
3. TAKING STOCK, MEASURING OUR FRIENDSHIPS
- What is the difference between a “Buddy” and a Spritual Friend?
- Who are your three closest friends? Would they say the same about you?
- Who really knows you?
- Are you lonely or do you have people you feel free to open up to?
- Who do you love to be with?
- Who do you talk to on a daily or near-daily basis?